Thursday 24 October 2013

Big Feast

Lately, I went for a SERIOUSLY super classy Japanese buffet lunch at Jogoya, StarHill Gallery.

It is my first visit there. 
OR I should say this is my first time to pay so much money for a meal.
Not to mention, it is EXPENSIVE, despite the 50% OFF for ladies.
However, I could say that the price is totally worth; for the wide variety of food from Japanese, Western and Chinese cuisine, the free flowing Hagen-Daze ice-cream as well as the romantic and tranquillizing atmosphere.

I do enjoy the buffet, A LOT!
The place and the food is totally amazed me.
And it is really PERFECT to hang out with friends at place like that.
Nevertheless, I can feel my heart-aching.
Not because of the pricing (Well.... Undeniable, price do contribute a little for my heart-aching)...
BUT I somehow feel a bit guilty to having such a big feast while some people in other part of the world are struggling so hard, just to fight for one bite.
After the buffet, looking at my own table and other tables around, inevitable, there is always some wastage of food.
The bad feelings and guilts, again, overwhelming.
The poor need FOOD TO LIVE while others LIVE FOR FOOD!

This sounds pessimistic, but I do feel bad, really BAD!

Just the a Chinese saying goes: 朱门酒肉臭,路有冻死骨

What to do?
I do enjoy A LOT, as well.
Of cause, I am NOT so rich enough to say loudly that the buffet is affordable or reasonable...
But ONCE IN A BLUE MOON... ... 
A little bit of ENJOYMENT for food, sounds no harm... ...
(Though, deep in my heart, I do feel that paying so much money for A MEAL is often UNNECESSARY)

No comments:

Post a Comment